WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
For those of you wanting to watch WESH Channel 2 programming that have Bright House Networks, we have some bad news for you — the channel is now blacked out in the Central Florida area. Due to a non-renewal of their agreement with the cable provider, WESH will not be seen in Central Florida until the two can come to terms.
But it’s not all bad news, however. For those wanting to watch news from Pennsylvania and parts of New Jersey, the cable provider selected to air WBRE-TV in place of WESH. Coverage of WESH was stopped at 11:59 p.m. Monday night.
The black out also affects WKCF Channel 18. WESH said on their website that they cannot predict when negotiations would continue to get the channel back on Bright House.
It appears to me that this is not a very smart move for Channel 2, in the midst of the ratings race. Why would you black out your programming when viewers can watch it for free? I mean if viewers really wanted to watch their coverage then they could unhook their cable box and hook up the bunny ears (or the digital box now days), but really? No, I’m going switch to one of the other four news stations in town.
The only real reason I was watching Channel 2 was for Martha Sugalski, but I’ll survive without her. Last I heard, Channel 2 was at least third in the ratings for the 11 o’clock news.
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade