Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
At least one Orlando Magic reporter believes that the team will not make a move to trade Dwight Howard today. Try to follow me here:
Magic insider for the Orlando Sentinel, Brian Schmitz, tweeted earlier that the team does not expect to move Howard today. He added to that tweet that there is “no hurry whatsoever.”
Yesterday several outlets reported that the Magic were “very close” to moving Howard by the end of today, at the latest. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports said that the rumored three-team deal could contain more than 10 players.
Wojnarowski elaborated a bit on whom the Magic would be sending out in said trade. He says the team would send Howard, Jason Richardson, and Earl Clark to the Nets.
The Magic would be receiving Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton, and three or four first-round draft picks, as reported by Yahoo! Sports.
Wojnarowski is also reporting that the Magic have conducted two interviews for the vacant head coaching position: Brian Shaw and Mike Malone. Shaw confirmed this with Schmitz at the Orlando Summer League as he’s there as the Pacers assistant.
I mean at this point, there’s so much back-and-forth between “sources” and reporters, I’m just ready — as well as every other Magic — for this to be over. I’m not overly impressed with any of the names in this trade scenario, the Nets are cleaning up. We’ll keep you posted with the latest.
Update 1 Tuesday 2:48 p.m.
Sources are reporting the Magic have “reopened” trade negotiations with other teams, not just with the Nets. However, Joshua B. Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel believes the Magic were talking to other teams all along.
Yahoo! Sports is saying the Cavaliers are out as the third team in the deal, and if the Nets were to acquire Howard, it would be just between them and the Magic. They are also saying that without a third team, the Nets’ chances of landing Howard are greatly reduced.
The Nets need a third team to take on the contract of Kris Humphries in order to make enough cap room for Howard, Richardson, and Clark.
Should the Nets be out of the Howard sweepstakes, the Rockets could land him.
Missed any Dwight Howard trade news? Check out our Dwight Howard Trade Rumors timeline.
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade