The Orlando Magic Select Andrew Nicholson in the First Round of the 2012 NBA Draft
With the 19th pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, the Orlando Magic select (PF) Andrew Nicholson from St. Bonaventure University. Nicholson checks in at 6-9, 234 lbs.
Yahoo! Sports on Nicholson:
Nicholson, a Canadian, flew under the radar for most of his career until he led the Bonnies to the NCAA tourney as a senior. He’s physical and athletic, but can he hit the outside shot with enough regularity to be a perimeter player? He’s a good shot-blocker and knows how to get to the line.
Speculation started earlier in the week that the Houston Rockets would attempt to trade at least one top 10 pick and a combination of other picks and players to the Magic in exchange for Dwight Howard. As of selection time, Howard is still with the team and is not expected to be traded tonight.
Nicholson is the 27th player to be drafted in the first-round in Magic franchise history; the last first-round pick was Daniel Orton in 2010.
Via the Orlando Sentinel, Nicholson has long arms — 7’4″ wingspan — and has an improved three-point shot. Many believe Nicholson could mirror that of Ryan Anderson, which begs the question: Are the Magic preparing to lose Anderson through free agency?
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade