Report: Dwight Howard’s Departure is “Inevitable”
According to Alex Kennedy of HoopsHype, Dwight Howard’s time in Orlando may be over sooner than we think, even calling his departure “inevitable.” Kennedy is saying that sources close to the situation are calling Howard’s relationship with the team “irreparable,” which has led to Howard exploring all of his trade options in recent days.
It’s been no secret that Howard wants to team up with Deron Williams in Brooklyn, but the Nets’ assets aren’t enough to land Howard, Kennedy says.
The Houston Rockets are said to be trying to acquire the fifth and eighth picks in order to trade for Howard. A potential deal could include the fifth and eighth picks, along with Kyle Lowry and the expiring contract of Kevin Martin.
My only question is, why are we still discussing this? Make that trade with the Rockets. The Magic could potentially have three top 20 draft picks, as well as Kyle Lowry and their current team. The Magic would have to throw in a player, so let’s get rid of J-Rich’s awful contract.
Don’t forget tomorrow is the deadline on Jameer Nelson’s player option, the events that take place tonight could definitely have an effect on what Nelson decides to do.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade