Jameer Nelson Has Opted Out Of The Final Year Of His Contract With Orlando
According to Magic Insider Brian Schmtz, Jameer Nelson — who has been the Orlando Magic since 2004 when he was acquired from the Denver Nuggets during the NBA draft — has decided that he will opt-out of the final year of his contract with the Orlando Magic.
Jameer — who was scheduled to make $8.9 million next season — has decided to opt-out of the final year of his contract. We reported here back in May that Nelson didn’t want his expiring contract to be used as trade bait before the trade deadline, which I’m sure had a lot to do with his decision.
I’m sure the uncertainty with Dwight may have also helped him in making his decision, although Dwight has made it perfectly clear that he wants to play with a better point guard. It will be interesting to see where he ends up, one would assume that he must have gotten some interest out there to give up $8.9 million guaranteed dollars. It will also be interesting to see who the team finds to replace him, because it surely won’t be Chris Duhon.
Over his eight seasons in Orlando, Nelson has averaged, 12.4 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds, and just under an steal per game in the regular season and 15 points, 4.6 assists, 3.5 rebounds, and just under a block in the post-season. It should be noted that even playing with Howard, Nelson — a point guard — never averaged more than 6 assists per game. Nelson’s stats courtesy of Wikipedia.
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade