Orlando Magic General Manager Speaks on the Dwight Howard Situation
New Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan met with the media on Wednesday to talk about tomorrow night’s draft, as well as other situations involving the team. The biggest question on anyone’s mind seemed to be regarding Dwight Howard, and rightfully so. Hennigan wouldn’t comment on his talks with Howard and his agent, Dan Fegan, other than to say that he has had communication with them.
Hennigan said, via the Orlando Sentinel:
What I can tell you is we’re in discussions with a lot of different teams about a lot of different things. What I can tell you is, especially this time of year, teams are motivated to try to explore any and all avenues they can to try to improve their team, and we’re doing the same thing.
He wouldn’t say whether or not the team will trade Howard during the draft tomorrow night. The latest internet rumors have the Houston Rockets attempting to acquire Howard via trade. The Rockets have the 14th, 16th, and 18th picks in the first round of the draft, and are expected to package a deal involving those picks and a couple of players for Howard. The team is also trying to use those picks to trade down in the draft to sweeten the deal and throw in at least one top 10 pick in any potential Howard trade.
Part of the attraction of hiring Hennigan is what he’s accomplished in Oklahoma City through the draft. He’s been credited with drafting James Harden and Russell Westbrook in past years, so I think the Magic should make this deal. Hennigan knows talent when he sees it, so if a top 10 pick is an option, I say take it. In addition to any pick(s) they gain in a trade, the team also has the 19th pick (assuming they don’t trade it).
We’ve seen dozens of trade rumors throughout the past year, this potential deal is one of the best ones that I’ve seen. Trade Howard, and let’s end this “Dwightmare.”
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade