Glen Davis Stops by Channel 9 in Orlando, Believes Dwight Howard Will Stay Next Season
Orlando Magic forward Glen Davis stopped by WFTV Channel 9 in Orlando on Monday and discussed a range of basketball topics, including where he thinks Dwight Howard will end up this fall. Joe Kepner asked Davis if he still believes his prediction that Howard will still be in a Magic uniform this fall, and Davis agreed. “Yeah I feel that way. I feel that he still wants to be around, he’s a loyal guy and he wants to win a championship here,” Davis said. He said he has spoken with Howard and he knows him a little bit now and knows that Howard’s heart is in Orlando.
As for what really will happen with Howard, that still has yet to be decided. The team is still in the process of hiring a general manager, but the census is that the team will have a decision in place by mid-week. The 2012 NBA Draft is just ten days away, so the sooner the better on selecting a candidate. After the GM is in place, a head coach will be picked. Davis was asked if he had a preference on which coach to hire, he said he’s not going to worry about that. “I’m not gonna worry about that stuff .. I don’t know who I’d pick, I’ll leave that stuff up to the big guys upstairs,” Davis said.
Davis said he didn’t have a preference on which players the team should target through the draft or free agency. He said whoever is brought in will help the team win. He did say he wants Jameer Nelson to return, saying that he wants more time to play with him to develop a better relationship. He wants to build on the chemistry they had going through the playoffs this season.
Nelson of course is still deciding on his player option for next season. The NBA and the Magic came to an agreement last Thursday on extending the deadline on Nelson’s option to June 29. The thought is that Nelson wanted more time so he could meet the new GM to see where they stand on Nelson and what the team plans to do with him. Nelson is owed nearly $8 million next season, but also doesn’t want to be trade bait, which many predict he could be.
As for Davis and his plans for this summer, he will be working out more and doing things in the community. He wants to familiarize himself with the city and fans.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade