The Oklahoma City Thunder Break Through The Western Conference Glass Ceiling
The Oklahoma City Thunder are heading to the NBA Finals, and in the process they have broken through the glass ceiling, making some history in the process.
What do the Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers, and San Antonio Spurs all have in common? Besides the fact that they are the three teams who OKC beat on their way to the Finals, they are the only three teams, Dallas (2), LA (7), and SA (4), since the 1998 Utah Jazz to represent the Western Conference in the NBA Finals. So not only did this young team make it where most, although I did predict them in Finals, didn’t expect them to be, they took out the three teams who dominated the Western Conference over the past 14 years. Considering how young this team is, the other “elite,” teams in the Western Conference they better do some retooling to their rosters, because the Thunder are going to be a problem for a while.
Just as Courtney Lee hinted at in his congratulatory tweet to the Thunder I wish the Orlando Magic would have kept their nucleus after our finals run as we could have had something special here. As a Magic fan, I think this series has to make the OKC and San Antonio execs that we are interviewing get hired as our GM, considering Sam Presti came from the Spurs front office. So they are obviously doing something right in San Antonio and Oklahoma City. Congrats to the Thunder, I hope to see them win the Finals, over the winner of the Miami-Boston series. For the record I picked Miami to represent the East, but I’ll be ok if they lose LOL.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade
Posted on June 7, 2012, in Blogs, Jeanius Thoughts, Sports and tagged Dallas Mavericks, Los Angeles Lakers, NBA, Oklahoma City Thunder, Orlando Magic, Playoffs, San Antonio Spurs. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.