Lil Wayne Claims Racism was Reason he Wasn’t Allowed at Thunder/Spurs Game
If you recall, earlier this week Lil Wayne was denied access to Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals, because the Thunder “just didn’t have the seats available.” That reason is the official explanation from the team, Jean offered up another reason — the Thunder’s own James Harden may have had him banned. Those are two possible reasons, but leave it to Wayne to really clear the air.
“That’s not the point, though [various players have come forward to offer him tickets],” Wayne told The Associated Press in an interview Friday night. “It’s the players stepping up but of course the players aren’t white. I don’t want to be sitting there on behalf of you and I’m sitting next to a (person) that’s like ‘I don’t want this (guy) sitting next to me.’ (Forget) you … I’m in Forbes,” he said, laughing.
So there you have it, racism. Lil Wayne — one of the biggest rappers in the world — was denied entrance because he’s black. That makes perfect sense Weezy, oh, except it doesn’t. Let’s look at this from Wayne’s stance for a second. I mean the Thunder could have really denied him a ticket because he’s black, so that technically means they should ban over half of their team because they, too, are black.
What really happened is Wayne was denied because the team really didn’t have any seats available (or Jean’s theory works perfectly too), and he couldn’t believe that even he was denied. He was looking for the team to bend over backwards for him, but couldn’t — or maybe chose not to, because they’ve heard the music he’s been releasing lately. I haven’t heard a good Lil Wayne song since Tha Carter III, released in 2008.
Now because of Wayne’s ridiculousness, the Thunder are left trying to clean up this PR disaster.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade