Yahoo! Sports: Deron Williams will Stay in Brooklyn Only if they Acquire Dwight Howard
Yahoo! Sports is reporting — per a source — that the only way Deron Williams will stay with the Nets is if they acquire Dwight Howard. The chances of that happening will depend on which pick the Nets draw in tonight’s draft lottery.
Kentucky Wildcats center Anthony Davis should be the clear cut number one overall pick in this year’s draft, and the Nets would be willing to trade that pick to the Magic in exchange for Howard. Problem is, the Nets have a 7.5% chance of winning that pick.
Yahoo is also saying that Howard regrets staying in Orlando through next season, so they’re pressuring Orlando to make a move before Williams becomes a free agent in July. Yahoo is also saying that general manger candidates are presenting their options for trading Howard in interviews with Magic CEO Alex Martins.
It looks as though Howard’s days in Orlando are numbered which is great news all around. Get rid of this kid, and let’s get something, anything for him.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade