New Music Tuesday: Taproot “No Surrender” and June Haze “Nothing to It”
I decided to throw a couple of songs in this week in a second post after missing last week’s edition of New Music Tuesday. This week I’m giving both rock fans and hip-hop fans a song to listen to. Both acts that are featured are no strangers to Thoughts of a Jeanius, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise we have them back on.
The first song I’m featuring is the new single from Taproot, titled “No Surrender.” The song appears on their latest album The Episodes, which is available now. If you recall, the band was originally scheduled to play at Earthday Birthday back in April, but had to cancel due to a family emergency. It was announced just a couple of days ago they will be performing at the House of Blues on June 9 along with Hurt and Otherwise.
The second song, “Nothing to It,” is by June Haze which is going to appear on his upcoming mixtape Brain Candy.
I was actually just talking to a friend of mine about June, and we were talking about how he’s pretty much due for his big break any day now. He’s starting to get more exposure through the bigger hip-hop sites (Hip-Hop DX), and people are only saying positive things about him. I told my friend, and even just told June, that I’m liking his artwork as well.
Give these two tracks a listen, and if you like them, be sure to share them with a friend.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade