New Music Tuesday: Ivan – “Miss Me” & Lupe Fiasco – “Around My Way (Freedom Ain’t Free)”
Today on Thoughts of a Jeanius we have two New Music Tuesday posts, and in the first one my boy Ivan is back with the first leak from his Addicted to Success mixtape which is dropping later this summer. The song is called, “Miss Me,” and is about people not believing in you on your way to the top, but wanting to jump on the bandwagon when you make it. Cody’s pick is Lupe Fiasco’s new single, “Around My Way (Freedom Ain’t Free).”
Mean Jean’s Pick: Listen to “Miss Me”
Download “Miss Me,” here.
Thee Cody Taylor’s Pick: Lupe Fiasco “Around My Way (Freedom Ain’t Free)”
My favorite rapper — Lupe Fiasco — is back, and it sounds like we have the classic Food & Liquor Lupe Fiasco. Lupe released the first single off of his next album — Food & Liquor II: The Great American Album Part I — on Monday, titled “Around My Way (Freedom Ain’t Free).” The only negativity I’ve seen surrounding this song is from those who feel Lupe shouldn’t have sampled Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth’s “They Reminisce Over You,” including Pete Rock himself. Check it out for yourself and see if Lupe did the original justice.
Food & Liquor II is due out in stores on September 25.
Check out the second New Music Tuesday post later on today, two new picks from Cody!
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade