UFC Champion Jon Jones Arrested on Suspicion of DUI
UFC lightweight champion Jon Jones was arrested early Saturday morning on suspicion of DUI. The incident was first reported by TMZ and later confirmed by Jones’ manager. TMZ first reported that Jones totaled his car after crashing into a pole around 5 a.m. in New York.
Jones’ manager, Malki Kawa, said via Yahoo! Sports:
“I can confirm that Jon Jones was arrested early this morning on suspicion of DUI,” Kawa said in a statement to MMAWeekly.com. “While the facts of this situation are still being gathered and situated, First Round Management fully supports Jon and we are asking for fans and media to respect the privacy of Jon and his family during this time.”
Jones of course is coming off of his win over Rashad Evans at UFC 145. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, I really don’t understand these celebrities and athletes — who can afford a cab fare — who insist on driving intoxicated. Assuming Jones did actually crash into a pole, he is very lucky to be alive. It should be noted that Jones’ mother bailed him out of jail.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade