Osi Umenyiora Makes Twitter Bet to Buy Back Lawrence Taylor’s Super Bowl Ring
Osi Umenyiora made an offer to Twitter nation on Saturday — spike his Twitter followers to 500,000 and he’ll buy back Lawrence Taylor’s Super Bowl ring and return it to him. The goal had to be reached by 10 p.m. Saturday night in order for the deal to be complete. So how far off of 500,000 was Umenyiora? Oh, only about 445,500. As of 10 p.m. Saturday night, Umenyiora finished with about 54,600 followers and as of posting time, he had 54, 967.
So you might be asking what happened to Taylor’s ring? Well he gave it to his son, Lawrence Taylor , Jr., as a gift. Taylor’s agent told FoxSports.com that Taylor was completely unaware of the auction, but was fine with his son’s decision to auction it off.
As of 10:15 p.m. Saturday night, the current bid for the ring was at $174,546.
For a guy that’s been known to complain about wanting more money, this sure seems like a bad financial move by Umenyiora. He must be both the most hated and loved guy — hated by the people trying to bid and loved by Taylor’s son — for bringing so much publicity to this auction.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade