Oakland Raiders’ Linebacker Sentenced to 180 Days in Jail
We told you very briefly about an incident involving Oakland Raiders’ linebacker Rolando McClain back in December, now the judgement has been handed down into what his penalty will be. McClain was accused of beating up Rishard Tapscott, holding a gun against his head, and firing a shot next to his ear. He was found guilty on Thursday — of Reckless Endangerment, Third-Degree Assault, Menacing, and Discharging a Firearm in city limits — and sentenced to 180 days in jail.
The alleged victim, Tapscott, was also the star witness in the case. He testified that McClain attacked him and said that, “(McClain) just kept repeating he’d kill me, he’d blow my ****ing head off.”
McClain was sentenced to 45 days in jail for each of the four charges, he begins serving on June 1. He also has to pay $500 for each charge, totaling $2,000.
Back in December I asked former NFL player George Wrighster what he thought about the incident, and responded by saying, “You have to let the legal system run its course with stuff like this, or people would just accuse people just to get them suspended.” Now that the legal system has run its course, you have to think McClain will be hit with a stiff penalty from Roger Goodell.
Check out the latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade