Mike D’Antoni Interested In Coaching The Orlando Magic
According to Brian Schmitz, of the Orlando Sentinel, former New York Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni would be “very interested” in the Orlando Magic head coaching job, should it become available.
D’Antoni who resigned from the Knicks before he was fired earlier this season, is best known for coaching the Phoenix Suns run & gun, 8 seconds or less offense. Although D’Antoni is known for
not caring about defense, if this move keeps Dwight Howard in Orlando, he is all the defense we need/have had anyway. If D’Antoni could convince Steve Nash to come to Orlando with him, I might be ok with this. The defensively-challenged Phoenix Suns had the best record in the league several times under his watch, and made a couple trips to the Western Conference Finals, including the year they got jobbed out to the Spurs. Depending on how the roster plays out I COULD be ok with this, but as they say we’ll have to wait and see. Magic fans how do you feel about this one, of many rumors to come, hit the comments and let me know!
Check out the latest on Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade
Posted on May 11, 2012, in Blogs, Jeanius Thoughts, News, Rumors, Sports and tagged Dwight Howard, Mike D'Antoni, NBA, New York Knicks, Orlando Magic, Orlando Magic rumors, Steve Nash. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.