Orlando Magic CEO to Dwight Howard: Resign or Else
Joe Kepner of WFTV Channel 9 in Orlando is reporting that Orlando Magic CEO Alex Martins has given Dwight Howard an ultimatum: resign or else. Kepner tweeted around 8:30 Tuesday night: “Magic front office official says Dwight Howard needs to make decision about future before next season.” He went on to say that officials won’t wait around like last year.
David Baumann of Brighthouse Sports Networks interviewed Martins and backed up Kepner’s report. Martins told Baumann — on whether or not the Magic will trade Howard — that, “We’ll cross that bridge when it comes to it, the number one goal is to get him to sign the extension.” Martins also said that “necessary changes will be made” if Howard does not sign extension.
Well it didn’t take long for these types of reports to start surfacing. There will be a lot of decisions to make this offseason: keeping or firing Stan Van Gundy and/or Otis Smith, Jameer Nelson’s option, Ryan Anderson’s contract situation (restricted free agent), and of course Dwight Howard.
I like that Martins is giving Howard an ultimatum because it looks like he is finally going to take control of this franchise. There were so many rumors that came out of Orlando this season that honestly could have been settled if someone — anyone — had stepped in and took control. Martins has to get this Howard situation under control, one way or the other. I think he should set a date and if Howard doesn’t comply, send him to the best suitor. But hey, easier said than done right? I mean I don’t run an NBA franchise.
Check Out the Latest From Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade