[VIDEO] YouTube Sensation Quarterback Invited to NFL Rookie Camp
Posted by theeCodyTaylor
Alex Tanney has been given his shot to play quarterback in the NFL, off of a YouTube video. While he will be quick to say that his numbers at Division III school, Monmouth, should be good enough to secure his rookie camp invite — the video with over 1.4 million views may have pushed him over-the-top. Tanney has accepted an offer to compete in the Buffalo Bills rookie camp, set to start May 11.
Via Yahoo! Sports:
“The success and the numbers I put up speak for themselves rather than the YouTube video,” Tanney said. “But obviously, that’s what people are going to talk about … We really didn’t expect it to take off like it did. It kind of blew up. We had fun with it. It was a good experience. But I kind of think that’s past me. I’m just looking forward to getting my shot in the NFL.”
Tanney does have some pretty impressive qualifications from a purely football perspective. The 14,429 yards he passed for at Monmouth gave him the all-time Division III record, and his 157 touchdown passes is the all-time NCAA mark. Tanney worked with Chad Pennington at the TEST Football Academy in Boca Raton, Fla. before the draft, and though he suspected that he’d miss out on hearing his name called, Tanney wanted to be as prepared as possible.
Of course with any video that features an excellent display of talent comes the negative ‘Oh that video is edited’ comments. Hey, the kid has an invite to an NFL camp, I don’t think he cares about the negative comments.
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade