Dwight Howard to Undergo Season-Ending Back Surgery
It’s hard to believe that prior to this season Dwight Howard has only missed seven regular season games. He’s missed eight out of the last ten Magic games and is expected to miss the rest of the season, including the postseason and Olympics. Late Thursday night multiple sources (legitimate sources) reported that Howard will undergo back surgery, effectively ending his season. Howard’s condition has not improved, thus surgery was recommended.
Howard will go into surgery Friday morning in Los Angeles.
The surgery will not only end the Magic’s championship hopes, but it will also prove that once again, David “Ping” Pingalore got a report wrong. The fact that even hearing Howard quit on his team is absurd, I don’t buy that. Even with everything he has done this season, I just don’t buy it. Why would Howard elect to waive his early termination option to avoid free agency just to quit on his team?
Ping was scheduled to meet with my class and be our featured guest speaker Wednesday night, but he didn’t show up. It turns out Ping was out ‘breaking news.’ Ping reported Wednesday night that Howard called Magic owner Rich DeVos during last Friday’s game to say that he would not play for head coach Stan Van Gundy any longer. Howard refutes those claims, saying:
I was getting an epidural during the game. I had no idea what was going on with the game until the third quarter. That’s when I woke up. I couldn’t have talked to him, because I was out of it.
Perhaps now Howard is 100% ruled out for this season, it will allow the team to really focus on their championship run, and not whether or not he will return. Their best chance at a run would be to play the Indiana Pacers first round, which they are 3-1 against this season. But how well can they play without Howard?
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade
Posted on April 20, 2012, in News, Sports, Thee Cody Taylor and tagged David Pingalore, Dwight Howard, Dwight Howard Out Rest of Season with Back Surgery, Orlando Magic. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.