Alabama Crimson Tide’s 2011 BCS National Championship Trophy Shattered After Being Knocked Off Pedestal
If you were ever wondering what happens to a crystal football trophy when it falls off of a pedestal, well then you’re in luck. On Monday, Alabama Live reported that a father of a Crimson Tide football player knocked off the trophy from its pedestal, sending it crashing to the ground and shattering into thousands of pieces.
The father tripped on a rug and fell into the trophy, causing it to fall to the ground. The university declined to name who was responsible for shattering the trophy. The trophy is valued at $30,000 and the school plans on replacing it.
I have no sympathy for any school whose National Championship Football trophy somehow gets shattered. The fact that this prestigious trophy had the slightest possibility of being dropped onto the floor is hard to fathom. This trophy needs to be locked away and, apparently, away from any type of rug. The trophy was on display inside the Mal Moore Athletic Facility after Saturday’s A-Day spring game.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the Florida Gators 2006 trophy was accidentally knocked over at a recruiting visit. The recruit, Orson Charles, ended up choosing to attend Georgia instead.
Check out the Latest from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Please Follow/Subscribe To Our Self Hosted Site www.ThoughtsofaJeanius.com
- Meek Mill & Tyga Coming To The UCF Arena For A Back To School Labor Day Concert
- Kid Cudi Provides Insight On His New Album
- Devin Hester’s Cousin Wanted for Murder
- WESH Channel 2 Failed to Reach Contract Extension with Bright House Networks, Blacked Out in Orlando
- Frank Ocean Releases ‘channel ORANGE’ A Week Ahead Of Schedule
- iHeart Music Fest Line-Up Announced: Taylor Swift, Bon Jovi, Lil Wanye, & MORE To Perform
- Dwight Howard Trade Update + Head Coaching Search Update
- Report: Brooklyn Nets are “Very Close” to Getting Dwight Howard
- Yahoo! Sports is Reporting Ryan Anderson Will Likely Be Moved in a Sign-and-Trade
Posted on April 17, 2012, in Sports, Thee Cody Taylor and tagged 2011 BCS National Champions, Alabama Crimson Tide, Alabama Crimson Tide BCS Trophy Shattered, Alabama Football. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.