[AUDIO] Monica Admits To Beating Brandy’s Ass When They Were Younger
It’s been well documented that Monica and Brandy didn’t get along very well, despite the success of their smash single, “The Boy is Mine,” back in 1998. Well while on the media tour for their new single, “It All Belongs to Me,” they making their rounds promoting it, something they didn’t do together back in 98′.
Well it’s long been rumored that the two ladies came to blows the one time they did perform the song together, at the 1998 MTV Movie Awards. They were on, The Angie Martinez Show, on New York’s Hot 97, and confirmed that Monica beat that ass! Listen to the audio!
Monica and Brandy talk about the incident:
LMAO, I knew Monica was known for hanging out with some thugs, but I didn’t realize she was really one herself. I think it’s funny how Brandy stayed kinda quiet, guess she didn’t want to get her ass beat again. Just kidding, it’s cool to see that they can talk about it, and have gotten over the drama people caused between the two of them. I wonder how much more successful the song would have been if they would have actually properly promoted it, or maybe the real-life “drama,” helped with the success of the song? What do you think? Hit the comments and let us know! Or VOTE in our poll!!
More Monica & Brandy Posts on Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Monica Releases Track Listing For Her ‘New Life’ Album
- Throwback Tuesday: Monica & Brandy – “The Boy Is Mine”
- New Music Video: Monica & Brandy – “It All Belongs To Me”
- [VIDEO] Watch Brandy & Monica Talk About Their New Song, “It All Belongs To Me”
- [VIDEO] Monica And Brandy Stop By ‘The Breakfast Club’ To Promote Their New Single
- [VIDEO] Monica & Brandy Perform Their New Song “It All Belongs To Me” On ‘The Tonight Show’
- [AUDIO] New Music Tuesday: Monica & Brandy “It All Belongs to Me” & Trae Tha Truth “I’m On 2.0″
- [VIDEO] Now This Is More Like It, Monica Does A Whitney Houston Tribute At Show In Hartford, CT