Stan Van Gundy to Coach Magic Tonight Despite Experiencing Chest Pains Last Night
Stan Van Gundy stayed behind Monday night in Toronto after experiencing chest pains after the 92-88 Magic win over the Raptors.
Via The Orlando Sentinel:
“He was experiencing some chest discomfort,” said Joel Glass, the team’s chief spokesman. “The doctors thought it was best they do some tests, and everything checked out fine.”
As of posting time, Van Gundy should be flying to Charlotte, N.C., to rejoin the team. The Magic take on the 4-31 Bobcats tonight at 7 p.m.
Last night’s win puts the Magic in third place, trailing the Heat by just four games for second place, and 6.5 games behind the Bulls for first place.
More Sports Related Posts on Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- LeBron James’ Mother Accepts Plea Deal After Valet Altercation
- Mickael Pietrus: We’re Going to Win the Championship
- Blake Griffin: Teams are Allowed to be More Physical With Me Than Others
- Multiple Sources Reporting Orlando and Golden State Discussing Trade Involving Monta Ellis
- Nike Releases New Jeremy Lin Shoes