Lebron James Has A Heated Exchange/Threatens A Heckler In Washington, And I’m On His Side (For Once)
Now, while we here at Thoughts of a Jeanius aren’t the biggest fans of one, Lebron James, I have to side with him on this one. He allegedly had a very heated exchange with a heckler in Washington during their 106-89 victory over the Washington Wizards last Friday night.
There are the tweets sent out by Sarah Kogod of NBC Washington about the altercation:
LeBron was waiting alone in the backcourt when fan Bob Moore made a comment to LeBron about Delonte West and LeBron’s mom…
…According to Moore, LeBron said “The only reason you talk [expletive] is because you know I can’t come off the court right now and beat your ass”…
…Also according to Moore, LeBron continued “But if I had a free pass, I’d kick your ass right now.”…
…Moore replied “I’m right here baby. Let’s go” before security stepped in.
As much as I dislike Mr. James, I have to side with him on this one, it’s never a good idea for athletes to engage with fans. There’s only so much a man can take, I can only imagine how much he gets this during games, on Twitter, and out in public. You can only ignore it so many times, and while I don’t think he would ever really take it out on someone, I am sure that it will make people think twice before they try and mess with him, especially about this topic. This guy got his 15 minutes of fame, now it’s time to move on.
More on the NBA:
- NBA to Give Out 1,000 Free ‘Jam Session’ Tickets
- Will Ferrell Introduces Lineups For Bulls/Hornets Game
- Dwight Howard Has Informed Lakers He Will Not Resign With Them
- According to Shaq, if Dwight Howard Leaves Orlando, it Would be a ‘Travesty’
- Kobe Bryant Denies “Third Option” Conversation With Dwight Howard Took Place
- LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, and Chris Paul to Attend All-Star Party at New Club in Downtown Orlando