One Million Birth Control Pills are Being Recalled
Due to a packaging error, Pfizer Inc. is recalling one million birth control tablets. The error could raise the chances of women getting pregnant by leaving an inadequate dosage. Find out which pills are in question after the jump!
The pills in question affects 14 lots of Lo/Ovral-28 tablets and 14 lots of generic Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol tablets. The world’s largest drug corporation says that some packets have too many active pills, while others have too few active pills.
Pfizer has released a statement:
As a result of this packaging error, the daily regimen for these oral contraceptives may be incorrect and could leave women without adequate contraception, and at risk for unintended pregnancy.
Data firm IMS Health said the recalled pills are not among the top five most commonly used.
Obviously if you are using these pills you should probably stop using them until further notice.
More information can be found on the article referenced via The Washington Post.
More Stories Posted to Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- [VIDEO] Tiesto ‘In The Booth’ Episode 2
- [VIDEO] Tiesto ‘In The Booth’ Episode 3
- Super Bowl Halftime Gets Beefed Up, Nicki Minaj LMFAO, & Cee-Lo Green
- New Music Video: Ke$ha – Sleazy Remix 2.0 (Ft. Wiz Khalifa T.I. Lil Wayne & Andre 3000)
- ‘The Hangover Part III’ Stars are About to Get Paid