All-Star Weekend to Bring Extended Drinking Hours in Orlando
Since many of us common folk, as Fox 35 calls it, won’t be attending the NBA All-Star Game in Orlando this year, fans will now be able to drink longer in downtown Orlando.
The Orlando City Council on Monday voted to extend the legal drinking time until 3 a.m. during the All-Star Weekend, February 25-26.
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer had this to say about the decision:
We wanted to give our drinking establishments in the downtown area the opportunity to benefit as much as they can.
As a downtown Orlando resident I am excited about the extra hour, but I won’t be fully impressed until bars stay open until 4 or 5 a.m., which will probably never happen.
More Stories Posted This Week to Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Man Arrested at Lake Eola for Choking Swan
- New Music Video: Yelawolf Ft. Kid Rock – “Let’s Roll”
- Sources Say the Magic Are Not Interested in a Dwight Howard/Amar’e Stoudemire Trade
- [VIDEO] Preview Of Season 2 Of NBC’s ‘The Voice’
- [CONFIRMED] Jay Z And Beyonce Welcome Their Baby Girl