Boston, MA is America’s Drunkest City
Fresh off the New Year’s weekend and National Hangover Day, Boston tops The Daily Beast’s list of Drunkest American Cities. While Boston came in at number one, Springfield, MA placed in second place.
According to Time, the list is compiled by “averaging the statistics on binge drinking, drinks consumed per month and population data culled from market research firm Experian Simmons and Center for Disease Prevention and Control surveys.”
Boston comes in first place with an average of 15.5 drinks consumed per person. The list also says that 20% of all drinkers over 21 in Boston (4.75 million) are binge drinkers.
The Daily Beast’s top 10 list:
- Boston, MA
- Springfield, MA
- Milwaukee, WI
- Reno, NV
- San Antonio, TX
- Chicago, Ill.
- Austin, TX
- St. Louis, MO
- San Diego, CA
- Tuscon, AZ
I think it’s kind of surprising Orlando didn’t make the top 10, or even the top 25. Orlando is home to the second-largest college in America, UCF. Just go to any UCF bar and there is drunk kids everywhere. Florida was represented in the top 25, however, Fort Myers placed 15th.
More Stories Posted to Thoughts of a Jeanius this Week:
- [VIDEO] Running Fan on Lambeau Field Tackled By Packers Linebacker Brad Jones
- [UPDATED] 50 Cent Sends Out Weird Tweets, Doesn’t Think He Will Live Much Longer
- [VIDEO] “Ni**as in Paris” NYC Subway Guy Has A New Song
- Deron Williams Hints At Playing in Florida
- Forgettable Year for Florida NFL Football Teams