The NFL Has Announced the 2012 Pro Bowl Rosters
The NFL has announced the rosters for the 2012 Pro Bowl, which takes place Jan. 29th in Hawaii. As always with any professional sports All-Star Game there are a few notable snubs. Here are the rosters:
Quarterbacks: *Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers; Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints; Eli Manning, New York Giants.
Running backs: *LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles; Matt Forte,Chicago Bears; Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers.
Fullback: *John Kuhn, Packers.
Wide receivers: *Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions; *Larry Fitzgerald,Arizona Cardinals; Steve Smith, Carolina Panthers; Greg Jennings,Packers
Tight ends: *Jimmy Graham, Saints; Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta Falcons.
Centers: *Ryan Kalil, Panthers; Scott Wells, Packers.
Guards: *Jahri Evans, Saints; *Carl Nicks, Saints; Davin Joseph,Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Tackles: *Jason Peters, Eagles; *Joe Staley, 49ers; Jermon Bushrod,Saints.
Ends: *Jared Allen, Minnesota Vikings; *Jason Babin, Eagles; Jason Pierre-Paul, Giants.
Interior linemen: *Justin Smith, 49ers; *Jay Ratliff, Dallas Cowboys; B.J. Raji, Packers.
Outside linebackers: *DeMarcus Ware, Cowboys; *Clay Matthews, Packers; Lance Briggs, Bears.
Inside/middle linebackers: *Patrick Willis, 49ers; Brian Urlacher, Bears.
Cornerbacks: *Charles Woodson, Packers; *Carlos Rogers, 49ers; Charles Tillman, Bears.
Free safeties: *Earl Thomas, Seattle Seahawks; Dashon Goldson, 49ers.
Strong safeties: *Adrian Wilson, Cardinals.
Kicker: David Akers, 49ers.
Punter: Andy Lee, 49ers.
Kick returner: Patrick Peterson, Cardinals.
Special teamer: Corey Graham, Bears.
Quarterbacks: *Tom Brady, Patriots; Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers; Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers.
Running backs: *Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens; Maurice Jones-Drew,Jacksonville Jaguars; Arian Foster, Houston Texans.
Fullback: *Vonta Leach, Ravens.
Wide receivers: *Wes Welker, Patriots; *Mike Wallace, Steelers;A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals; Brandon Marshall, Miami Dolphins.
Tight ends: *Rob Gronkowski, Patriots; Antonio Gates, Chargers.
Centers: *Maurkice Pouncey, Steelers; Nick Mangold, New York Jets.
Guards: *Logan Mankins, Patriots; *Brian Waters, Patriots;Marshal Yanda, Ravens.
Tackles: *Joe Thomas, Cleveland Browns; *Jake Long, Dolphins; D’Brickashaw Ferguson, Jets.
Ends: *Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis Colts; *Andre Carter, Patriots; Elvis Dumervil, Denver Broncos.
Interior linemen: *Haloti Ngata, Ravens; *Vince Wilfork, Patriots; Richard Seymour, Oakland Raiders.
Outside linebackers: *Terrell Suggs, Ravens; *Von Miller, Broncos; Tamba Hali, Kansas City Chiefs.
Inside/middle linebackers: *Ray Lewis, Ravens; Derrick Johnson, Chiefs.
Cornerbacks: *Darrelle Revis, Jets; *Champ Bailey, Broncos; Johnathan Joseph, Texans.
Free safety: *Ed Reed, Ravens; Eric Weddle, Chargers.
Strong safeties: *Troy Polamalu, Steelers.
Kicker: Sebastian Janikowski, Raiders.
Punter: Shane Lechler, Raiders.
Kick returner: Antonio Brown, Steelers.
Special teamer: Matthew Slater, Patriots.
* = Starter
Thanks to Yahoo! Sports for the full list
Some notes from the Pro Bowl Rosters:
- Eli over Stafford? Eli has 26 TD’s/16 INT’s, Stafford has 36/14.
- No Adrian Peterson. I don’t think there’s any question that he shouldn’t be included, he’s missed three games already and left last week’s game with a torn ACL.
- Fred Jackson is missing from the list as well, but suffers from the same problem as AP — injuries.
- Darren McFadden was also well on his way to a Pro Bowl selection, but has only played in seven games. He still owes me money for costing me my fantasy playoff hopes.
- Victor Cruz was absent from the roster as well even though he has more receptions and yards than Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, and Greg Jennings. Jennings is kind of a question mark as he has missed a couple of games and has less than 1,000 yards receiving.
- The fans votes count for 1/3 of the total voting, along with 1/3 from the coaches and 1/3 from the players, so that could be what happened.
- The Patriots and 49ers are each sending 8 players to Hawaii.
- I like that A.J. Green is going, he is incredible to watch and only a rookie.
- Why isn’t Devin Hester returning kicks for the NFC?
- How did Ray Rice get voted a starter when Maurice Jones-Drew leads the league in rushing and has 264 more yards than Rice?
- The Denver Post is reporting that Tim Tebow is the second alternate for quarterbacks in the AFC, meaning if two players do not attend, he will attend. (Could happen considering Roethlisberger’s injuries and Brady’s ability to always make the Super Bowl)
Be sure to tune in to Thoughts of a Jeanius later this week as we unveil our Year-End Awards (Artist, Song, Album of the Year, etc.).
More Sports Related Posts from Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Philadelphia 76ers’ Lou Williams Avoids Carjacking, Then Takes Robber Out to McDonald’s
- NFL Week 16 Recap in 200 Words or Less
- Jerome Simpson: Best Touchdown Of The NFL Season?
- Quentin Richardson Doesn’t Care If LeBron is ‘The King’
- New Jersey Nets Center Brook Lopez Diagnosed With Stress Fracture in Right Foot