Suspicious Trailer Shuts Down Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando
Thoughts of a Jeanius was first on scene with exclusive pictures and video from downtown Orlando on Sunday. A suspicious trailer parked along Orange Avenue shutdown East Colonial from Orange Avenue to Interstate 4.
Thoughts of a Jeanius was on site with special correspondent Ryan Misener in front of the Orlando Sentinel building. The call for this trailer was placed around 4:20pm with the entire area blocked off and locked down by 6pm.
Residents in the area were asked to evacuate their apartments and according to a resident at the Camden Apartments, the trailer had been parked there for some time with a white tarp covering it. Eventually the white tarp was removed revealing the messages about child abuse. The message on the back of the trailer was what caught the attention of law enforcement: “Enter at your own risk.”
Orlando Police spokesman Sgt. Vincent Ogburn told WFTV Ch. 9 that local businesses have video of the person who dropped off the trailer and will be reviewing that film to catch the person responsible.
The entire process took about two and half to three hours to completely investigate if the trailer had any signs of explosives on board. Police used bomb technicians in bomb suits, as well as a bomb robot to investigate the trailer.
Eventually the trailer was cleared and Orange Avenue and East Colonial were reopened. After it was cleared for any explosives, police were seen looking for anything to identify an owner for the trailer. It appeared as if the plate and tags had been removed.
I told Channel 9 reporter Ryan Hughes that “it just seemed like some guy that wanted to draw attention to child abuse.” It sure seemed like the person responsible planned this ahead of time, both sides of the trailer were filled with messages about child abuse. The trailer was strategically placed in front of the Orlando Sentinel, most likely because they knew it would gain attention quickly.
For additional updates on this story be sure to check back with us here at Thoughts of a Jeanius. The full interview with Ryan (Misener) and I on Channel 9 can be seen at the link provided above.
More Stories Posted This Week to Thoughts of a Jeanius:
- Jeanius Of The Week: Man Steals His Dates Car
- Google Releases Top Ten Searches of 2011
- Jeanius of the Week: Sam Hurd
- Joe Budden Debates Skip Bayless On ESPN First Take
- Jay Z & Kanye West Behind The Scenes Of Watch The Throne Tour In Chicago
Posted on December 19, 2011, in Blogs, News, Thee Cody Taylor and tagged Bomb threat, Downtown Orlando, Orange Avenue, Orlando, Orlando Police, Orlando Sentinel, WFTV. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.