Thoughts Of A Jeanius Top 5: Radio Songs
We all know that people like to rank stuff, whether it be the best rappers, athletes, movies, etc. So once a week (hopefully) I am going do a top 5, for this week I’ve decided to rank the Top 5 songs currently playing ON THE RADIO. There is way too much music out there for me to do an informed Top 5 of all songs out, as always feel free to hit the comments and let me know what your Top 5 is!
Before I get into the Top 5 I want to give a few shout outs to a couple tracks I’m still feeling or just didn’t quite make the cut!
- Kanye West ft. Rihanna, Alicia Keys, Kid Cudi, Elton John, John Legend, Ryan Leslie, & more – “All of the Lights,” pretty old song, but I still won’t change the station if it’s on.
- Katy Perry ft. Kanye West – “E.T.” this is another older track, but another that I still listen to when it’s on, I’m also happy that this track wasn’t given to Three 6 Mafia like it was originally supposed to as I couldn’t really hear them on this beat.
- Chris Brown – “She Ain’t You,” had I done this a few weeks ago this definitely would have gotten the #1 spot for at least a few of them.
- Beyonce – “Best Thing I Never Had,” not a big fan of Beyonce, but this is a nice little track.
- Afrojack ft. Eva Simmons – “Take Over Control,” definitely a dope fist-pumping song LOL
#5 David Guetta ft. Flo Rida & Nicki Minaj – “Where Them Girls At”
This is cool club banger, not Guetta’s best but it is a dope summer time track, which places it in the #5 slot, and I am definitely looking forward to his new album “Nothing But The Beat,” which will be out next month.Vodpod videos no longer available.
#4 Lloyd – “Cupid”
Even though I hate the first five seconds of this song, new look Lloyd is back with another summer banger. It just has that summer love song feel to it, and Lloyd always comes with the heat on his first singles, let’s what his follow up single sounds like.Vodpod videos no longer available.
#3 LMFAO – “Party Rock Anthem”
This song just makes me happy it clearly doesn’t take itself seriously at all, and sometimes with music that’s all it needs. Anytime I hear this song it put me in party mode, especially if I’m hitting up the clubs. I like fun music and this track definitely fills that need. If I’m ever in a bad mood (which rarely happens) this song cheers me up immediately!
#2 Frank Ocean – “Novacane”
Talk about going from nothing to something, Frank Ocean went from and unknown member of the Odd Future Crew to working with Nas on his new album as well as being featured on Jay Z and Kanye West’s “Watch The Throne,” album twice, once on a regular track as well as on a bonus track. You’ll hear more about Frank Ocean in my Grammy post later on in the week!
#1 Miguel – “Sure Thing”
What can I say about this song, it’s so smooth and chill. Whenever this is on the radio I’m listening, most people expected him to be a one hit wonder, with “All I Want,” (ft J. Cole) but he has proven to be more than that. He’s also been in a little bit of controversy after having his sexuality questioned on a spoof version of this song, on The Breakfast Club, a New York morning show. I really like this song, and that’s why it has been given the number one spot!Vodpod videos no longer available.
What are your Top 5 tracks currently being played on the radio!